Dr. Bassett has been in private practice since 1975 and today he has 2 Dental practices that emphasize individual and personal patient care. After more than 40 years in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Dr. Bassett still enjoys the challenges and demands of his profession. The advances in technological innovations have made surgery more predictable increasing patient’s awareness and acceptance of treatment. With the advent of the web, social media has become more attuned to what is available in the field of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and likewise, what they anticipate the results to be. As such, a team approach to many sophisticated treatment plans, utilizing multiple disciplines, is necessary and leads to a total team effort in achieving the patient’s expectations.
Areas of expertise and treatment include:
- Emergencies (seen that day as necessary)
- Wisdom teeth
- Dento-alveolar surgery
- Limited Trauma
- TMD and craniofacial abnormalities
- Oralfacial pain
Dr. Bassett’s History:
- Tufts School of Dental Medicine in 1970
- 1970-1973 3year certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery program at Wilmington
- Medical Center and Boston University Hospital
- 1974 Post Doctorate Fellowship training in England, France and Switzerland
- Associate Professor of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at the Wilmington Medical Center and Hahnemann Medical Center
- Served as an Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon in the US Navy during the Vietnam era
- Private practice since 1975
Most advanced implant cases utilize CAT scan technology for diagnosis and treatment planning and this affords the opportunity of working closely with the referring doctors. In many cases, the referring doctor will assist Dr. Bassett during patient surgeries. Dr. Bassett enjoys the camaraderie and the opportunity of working with his referral doctors and following the reconstruction of these cases.
Outside of the office, Dr. Bassett enjoys spending time with his family and friends and enjoys mountain biking, hiking and the occasional round of golf.